Thursday, December 11, 2014

At last I experiment with hot chocolate from North Italy



The Protein Chef has alerted me to this one. I guess he modified the Italian recipe.

Here it is, modified by me

1 cup milk (I used skim milk)
1/2 tbl of smooth Peanut butter
1-1.5 tbl cocoa powder
1/4 xanthum gum (I got mine online from the Gluten Free Shop)

Directions. In a pot put milk, gum, cocoa and peanut butter. Heat while whisking hard. Take it off the heat when it gets hot but not boiling.  It thickens as it heats because of the gum, but will curdle if you heat too long.

Top it with whipped cream made from low fat ricotta with a little milk. Pipe onto hot chocolate.

I discovered you can make this with almond milk as well. No sugar, but oh so delicious.

And of course if you were keen to add protein powder you could do this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment